Friday 19 November 2010

Two Christmas candles

I am plodding on with my gift-paintings, and so far, I have a good cache - so I'm feeling happy :)

Here're two more - of candles, which I love - and they will fit nicely in my Santa-helper's bag!

There are many pix here - some with the flash, to show off the gilding, and some without, because the flash destroys the colour and the depth! Sadness!

Yennyways, these two pieces are painted on stretched canvas, which I first gesso-ed, and then painted with a white background (with household wall-paint ;). Then, I painted my candles, the poinsettia, the holly and lovely holly-berries, and pine-leaves with metallic acrylic paint - for a real glitzy Christmas-y feel :)


Taken with flash - so it's flashy ;)

So you know you're not seeing double!


Again - being flashy!


No comments:

Post a Comment