Monday 20 September 2010

On my door: Patzplaze

SO: the spirit moved me yesterday, and from out of the blue, I got this idea to paint my name on my door.

A couple of days earlier, I'd watched Donna Dewberry paint ribbons on to something, and as usual, she did it like it was the simplest thing in the world. Which it's so NOT - but tell me what's new about that???!!!

Anyways, I decided that I would do just that: blue ribbons, with a pinky rose, and little flowers and rose-buds.

Here's how it turned out:

My view of my door from where I sit:


A closer shot of what it's all about:


And as always, my valuable assistants, who're with me every step of the way:


To date, this is my most ambitious project, and I'm quite happy with the results. The larger you paint, the more easily seen are the mistakes. But, it is also easier to do the strokes, and they do tend to do what they're told. The smaller pieces are more difficult for me: despite the smaller brushes, there is little room for movement, and the end result tends to look kinda lifeless. Maybe this won't always be so, and as I get better at this, even my small pieces will begin to look good :)

4 comments:

  1. WAH! So cantik la... and so english looking. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...like the English cottage, hmmm?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat,
    I took the liberty of using the top picture to identify your contact in the address book on my computer. Works very well. Please don't send the Anti-piracy Posse after me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't you know that piracy rules in Malaysia?! Hehehehe.

    ReplyDelete