Sunday 10 July 2011

My new love: Watercolour pencils

I know that these have been around for ages, but I didn't go near them because I never knew I could make something that even vaguely would resemble art.

But, now I feel differently about things, don't I?

Watch a real artist at work below. If you're good, you're good. It doesn't matter whether you work in oil paint, or in watercolour, or mess around with colour pencils! Tim Fisher proves it!



Then, how about this one: For making yourself a colour swatch?! Brilliant!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the lovely comment :)

    I've also been eyeing the watercolor pencils but I'm still a little scared of trying them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh do brave it, Cass. Maybe with a small box? I think they will be so fun!

    I added a second video I found, that shows how to make a colour swatch, so that you can remember the true colours of the pencils, and reach for the right one. So clever!

    I live quite far from a big town, so I'll have to wait for a bit till I get me a box! Hahahah!

    But, when I do, I'll fiddle around with the pencils, and put up my experiments. I am known to be quite unashamed of the awful work I do ;)

    When I look at my early, early posts, I'm quite taken aback myself at how terrible I was - but I didn't know it then, did I? Muahahah!

    I know that if I keep trying, I'll get better. So, that's what I do. And it does help that it's so much fun.

    I'm putting you on my blogroll, so that it'll be easier to drop by your place :)

    ReplyDelete