Wednesday 17 March 2010

Still fiddling!

Hahaha! That's all I seem to do these days.

Last weekend, I took out my brushes and paints and didn't manage to do anything decent for the longest time! My comma strokes turned out like fat-blood-drunk leeches on pot, and my fine lines? Fine what???!!!

Ok lah, too long away from something I am not good at - and the result seems to be: Start again at square One!

Which is ok. Because that is just what I did.

And after a bit, things started to look kinda like the pictures I had in front of me, and I felt a little better.

All week, I am in Kayel, and so I have no chance to practise at all. And so it is the weekends, when I am home in PD that I get a chance to fiddle about with colour and brush! And for three whole weeks, I haven't been home!

So many plants dead, the garden so parched with no rain, and my painting: sucks!!!!

Nope, past tense: sucked. It's gotten slightly better than it was at the start of the weekend. Progress of sorts, eh  ;)

Onwards we go: Practise! Practise! Practise!

No comments:

Post a Comment