Sunday 4 April 2010

Tole work

As is usual with my weekends, I get a chance to play with my paints. And this weekend, I decided to do some work with my Metalics from Plaid.

Their texture is different, and they took some getting used to, but I enjoyed the practice, and finally felt brave enough to work on a little piece of canvass.

And below is my version of my favourite genre of painting: tole work. Eventually, when I've mastered this thing called painting a little more, this is what I'd like to concentrate on.

But for now, all I can do is explore and see where it takes me.

Two views of my finished canvass:



















And below is the close-up, flaws and all. I don't know why, but when I make an error, it needs to take centre-stage. Always!!! Ahh well, when I finally do one that's error-free, I'm sure to give it the full fanfare it deserves!

No comments:

Post a Comment